Top side finish longevity

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hey Yall:
I am looking for advice on keeping the topside gel coat surfaces that are supposed to be glossy...glossy. I have used rubbing compound for oxidized surfaces and then wax it. It looks good only for a short time before it looks faded again. Is there something I can apply that will extend this or reduce the amount or speed of oxidation. Mind you I keep my boat under cover when not in use which is nearly 5 months in the winter and during the week in the summer.

Do You I use a rubbing compound, then polish it then apply several coats of wax? I am curious what others do to keep the topside surfaces looking good/

Thanks

Fishtales

Reaction score
Colinite Cleaner and Wax at the beginning of the season and 1/2 way through. In between just pop a few if it looks chalky and it will look good again. :)

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I use Collinites. Good stuff. It seems to last a lot longer on the hull proper. In fact reading here about Collinites is what turned me onto it a couple years ago. Today I used 3Ms cleaner wax for oxidized finishes. I was not in the mood after work to use a rubbing compound and then wax. It turned out ok...I will go over it with Collinites.