Trailer set up

markk4049

Reaction score
Hi

I just bought a new venture trailer for my 1993 Gradywhtite Sailfish 25 with twins on a bracket. Does anyone know where the bunks should be placed and the winch? Any help would be great.

thanks
mark

ayacht

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We will probably need some more details to help you with your situation. I can give you my experience from mine while not exactly the same models I am sure but we are close.

I bought a triple axle venture 10625 bunk I think exact model is VATB10625. I have a 2006 Sailfish 282. We had to remove the winch and move it back to the center arm in the V. It actually has pads welded on it specifically for this and that was great of them to think ahead like that. With the winch further forward it was way to nose heavy. The boat hangs of the bunk about 12 to 18 inches. I do not recall exactly what mounting holes the bunks were in. We also had to slide the winch up the post quite a bit. I have the centering bunks and we had to raise those. I made no change to the factory setting on the main bunks. I hope that helps. I can takes some measurements and pictures if you still need more. My wheels are level across the board when the trailer is at the 22" recommended height. Also I did this at a marina with a lift and it made the job a walk in the park.