Transducer Question

Bama96

Reaction score
What is the main difference in a 50khz/200khz vs 83khz/200khz? Is there really that much difference in the two? Which would be better?

seasick

Reaction score
As long as the unit is matched to the transducer, there isn't a lot of difference. The lower frequencies ( 50/83) will work at greater depths but if your fishing is usually in shallower waters, you will be mostly if not always using the 200Hz setting.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
50 and 83 will also have a wider angle so will give a bigger picture. Handy if you are not sure what is there , ie. better to explore then, when you find something use the 200 to give greater detail as long as it isn't generally in very deep water in which case the lower freq. will show up better.

Also having a wider cone angle is useful when searching for bait schools or marking fish in the water column.

I run my sounder (furuno 585) on dual freq almost all the time. Best of both worlds and we are always exploring when moving.

seabum

Reaction score
I am getting ready to mount a transducer on my new 228 dose anyone have any advice on location that works well. There are trim tabs on the boat also.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
seabum said:
I am getting ready to mount a transducer on my new 228 dose anyone have any advice on location that works well. There are trim tabs on the boat also.

CALL GRADY, is a must if there is no ducer pad on your boat.