Trim indicator problem

94Sailfish

Reaction score
My trim indicators for both engines always display figure A no matter what position they're in. Any ideas?

Figure A
1 ██ (This is a black box for those of you whose computers may not show these ASCII characters)

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
94Sailfish said:
My trim indicators for both engines always display figure A no matter what position the tabs are actually in. The tabs function correctly. Any ideas?

Figure A
1 ██ (This is a black box for those of you whose computers may not show these ASCII characters)

I'm a little confused. You are depicting the engine trim indicators, but refer to the tabs. Most tab installations do not have position indication, and those that do have a different appearance from Figure A.

Brian

gerrys

Reaction score
Assuming your talking about the trim indicators for a Yammi F225 or F250, if you look at the (right side facing from the rear) pivot point of each motor (the hinge on which they raise and lower), you'll see a small black arm attached to a rheostat. These arms are notorious for freezing in position or freezing and breaking off. If you're lucky, some spray lubricant might free them up. They need to be lubed every trip, periodically even if the boat isn't used.

ahill

Reaction score
My trim indicator isin one of the tachs. The indicator didn't work properly and soon after the tach failed altogether. Coincidence?

Boats Rock

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.I had the same problem. I tilted the engines up for trailering and the sensors were stuck.Lubed them and they worked. I also found more grease fittings.