Trim tab pump location on Tournament 205

gradyinbath

Reaction score
I have a 2006 tournament 205 and I can hear the hydraulic power unit (H.P.U) or trim tab pump run but the trim tabs don't move. I was thinking that I just need to add automatic transmission fluid but I can't find the HPU on the boat. The owner manual says the HPU is located on the transom and can be accessed through the aft jump seat but I still can't find the thing. Anyone know where it is located? They are bennet trim tabs and I've already viewed there website. Thanks!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Its located inside the storage compartment on the drivers side. But - you won't see it because you have to remove the wood panel (that the fuse panel is mounted to) to access it.

Mcor

Reaction score
Mine is located on the starboard side (driver's) rear compartment to the left of the battery switch.

Tabman

Reaction score
Gradyinbath,

Were you able to locate the HPU? Unless there is a leak in the system you should not have to add fluid to the system. I'd be delighted to help in anyway I can to get your system working properly. I think Mcor may be correct regarding its location.

Tom McGow
Bennett Marine

seabob4

Reaction score
gradyinbath said:
Thanks Tabman,

I looked to the left of the battery switch (where you can turn the two batteries on and off) and couldn't find the HPU. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm looking to something similar to what an HPU looks like on the Bennet website?

http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/catalog. ... 9&techID=9

You should be able to see a small diameter black hydraulic line coming from each tab, which will then dissappear behind something...and that's where your pump is hiding!

Tabman

Reaction score
Yes that's the Hydraulic Power Unit you are looking for. Try checking up forward under the console, I seem to remember we were supplying longer tubing to Grady to mount the HPU forward on a whole bunch of the kits we supply them.

Tom McGow
Bennett Marine

gradyinbath

Reaction score
I finally found the HPU which was nowhere near where the owner's manual says it is. It's pretty much located underneath the stearing wheel of the boat. I was able to access it by unscrewing the the the smallest storage area on the boat underneath the stearing wheel. I should have used better intelligence to find the HPU because I finally just listened to where the noise was coming from. Anyhow, after adding transmission fluid one of the trim tab units began working again. Since I didn't have much time I'm hoping that next time I'm on the water the other will work.