Trim Tabs not working

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Both of my trim tabs stopped working. I noticed it on the ride home this evening. Does anyone know where the inline fuses would be for these on an '04 marlin? I assuming it must be inline fuses and not something else, as both are not working.

Thanks in advance!

gerrys

Reaction score
Don: The pump is behind the panel/grid on the starboard side in the foward berth. Not sure if the inline fuse is there. There's also a bank of fuses under the operator console but I'm not sure if one is connected to the tabs. I'm out of town and don't have access to my manual but will check when I get back into town.

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Gerry, I will check there. Also I have been reading that the orange wire on the back of the tabs may also contain an inline.

seabob4

Reaction score
Capt Armchair said:
Thanks Gerry, I will check there. Also I have been reading that the orange wire on the back of the tabs may also contain an inline.
There should be a in-line in the orange wire coming off the back of the switch. That wire supplies power to the switch, 20A.

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
seabob4 said:
Capt Armchair said:
There should be a in-line in the orange wire coming off the back of the switch. That wire supplies power to the switch, 20A.

Yeah I saw that wire last night, need to trace it. Am I correct in thinking that there is likely an inline on that wire?

seabob4

Reaction score
There definitely will be an in-line fuse on the orange power lead. It comes already installed on the switch from Bennett, but it's kinda chintzy, some builders (we do) replace it with one like this...
FuseHolder.jpg

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Seabob-
You seem to know alot about Grady's, do you, or have you owned one?

Oh, I see maybe you work with Pro Line?

Thanks again-