Trolling motor

Vtdochop

Reaction score
Hello,
Need some advice/suggestions. Have a 2003 T225 with full swim platform and have been using the engiine for trolling. I have put close to 100 hrs this season already and most of it has been at 3 mph. Any suggestions ...electric attached to Trim Tabs ?..Bow mounted electric...stern bracketed outboard ?
Thanks,
Peter :D

leek

Reaction score
kicker

I have a bracketed 9.9 Yami on a T225 with a main F250 engine. The engines are lashed together and I have an extra binnacle at the helm for the kicker. Very expensive but very good option. We troll a lot for Salmon.

Amigo

Reaction score
I'm a salmon troller as well. We troll from 2.5 to 3.0 MPH for hours at a time. I have a 9.9 Merc 4 stroke with a TR1 auto pilot on it.

Big engine is a 454 CI Mercruiser. It is not econimical to troll with that big block.

Harleyfxdl

Reaction score
Vtdochop, I would suggest getting a dual binnacle and hooking the kicker up to it. Panther marine makes a stainless steel steering link bar that will hook up to main engine. I did it on my 17' Montauk and it worked great. I controlled the kicker without ever leaving the helm.
Here are some pics:

missnfishin

Reaction score
Leek,
What are you using to "lash the engines together" with? I have a 2002 223 with a f225 and a yam 9.9 on a 15" adjustable bracket. I used an EZ Steer on my old boat but cant seem to get one to work on this one. Using the big motor as a tiller works in light wind, but when it starts blowing I am constantly back and forth to the kicker to turn it by hand. PITA!!!

leek

Reaction score
Engine steering

They tied a rod with a flexible connector on each end of the rod between the front of the F250 and the 9.9, althought after spending driving time yesterday I need to adjust the brackets slightly.