Value of an 01' Sailfish?

Fin-isher

Reaction score
Just curious what you thought a 2001 282 Sailfish with twin 200 HPDI's would bring in these economic conditions? Excellent electronics.....10" Garmin, with separate 7" Raymarine color GPS/depth finder and radar units. New AC unit. Well cared for and used primarily on the Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay in MD.

Fin-isher

Reaction score
Might be selling but unsure. Starting to do research and thought this site was the best place to start. I appreciate all opinions offered.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If I could move my 208 I'd be all over it...

Current market conditions are horrible to say the least. Not sure what's going to happen to the boating industry.

cloud

Reaction score
I just bought (three weeks ago) a 2001 228 Sailfish from a Grady White dealer (it was a trade in) in great condition with 225 OX66s, low hours, good electronics, new bottom paint, waxed top and hull, delivered 150 miles. The dealer found a problem with the tilt and trim and kept the boat a couple of extra days to order and put new tilt and trim units on both motors. When they delivered the boat the windshield wipers were not working and they said they would order 2 new wiper motors and send a tech up to install them. I am also having an issue with the 2 motors tilting at the same time (same amount) and they said the tech would take a look at that too when he comes up.
My wife and I just came in from a nice afternoon ride… we really are happy so far and can not say enough good things about the Hilton Head Boathouse. I am not sure money wise how well I did, but I am happy and feel good about what I have in the boat. It is clean, good condition and loaded… we have a 208 with bow pulpit and hardtop so we new what we were looking for. Good luck and I am waiting to hear what folks say about money to see if I did well or bad... either way we like our new used 282.

Fin-isher

Reaction score
Cloud,
Thanks for all the info. If you feel comfortable, I'd love to hear what you paid since I could use that as a real life comparable. Please send me a PM if you don't want to post it for all to see.

bc282

Reaction score
I bought my 2002 282 with F225's (less than 300 hours), very good condition, full Furuno electronics, 4kw radome for low 70's this summer.
Many of the boats i were also considering are still for sale on boattrader. Mine was listed at 83k, but obviously sold much lower.

i would think that a well cared and good to very good condition boat for 2001 with good HPDI's (and not too many hours) would sell for 60 to mid/low 60's. That is the sell expectation, not the asking price.

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
The HPDI's bring about 10 or 15K less than a four stroke boat due to the percived supierority of the four stroke -

I stole my 2-stroke boat for 20K less than the same boat w/ four strokes - and to be honest - I love the HPDI's

Tim