ValvTec DeCarb ???

LI Grady

Reaction score
Once again guys thank you for all the info. Took the boat out yesterday and the short stroy is I think I'm ok, but will be starting a new thread on a new issue. Golf is looking better and better.

The slick out the back is coming from a leaky trim piston not my motor

The smoke out of the motors is blue (not white) I have no explanation as to why it looked white before. The good news is both motors smoke and are pretty much even in the amout

The starter on the motor with the noise started schreeching yesterday. Hit it with some 7-11 spray lubricant and problem solved. It also seemed to quiet down the noise. With the cowling on it was a strain to hear anything amiss (this is akin to turning up the radio in your car to mask the sound of something broken so I will still look into it)

Bob I am switching mechanics. One of the best Yamaha guys is local to me and I've used him before on my inboards. He was my first choice but my wife's best friends husband has a marina so I got pressed by her to give him a shot. She's more upset at the way he's been then me.

With 5 guys on board, about 200 gal of fuel she ran at solid 25K at 4K rpm.

New problem....switched from main to aux tank and both motors shut down...

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Air pocket in the fuel line
water or alcohol\water in gas
bad/old gas

If the tank hasn't been used for a long time it can be a multitude of problems. If the gas cap o-ring is shot, rain probablu found its way in there. Ethanol in the gas will disolve the varnish in the tank and find its way and clog the filter.

Do you have Yami or Racor filters?