Waiting for Spring.....

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'm running out of winter things to do and starting to get the itch for spring boat readiness.

I've gone through all the tackle. Re-hooked and re-spooled where needed. I refreshed some of the gear as needed and when you hit a couple of Hogy sales in one season, you know you are getting desperate.
Cleaning the workshop I stumbled across a project I was about to start but never did. Every year it seems I go through a fair share of these rigs as they are a PIA to put away and keep from tangling. I found the 3/4" pvc, end caps and fittings ready to go. I located a couple of cheap 1970 vintage Penn and Olympic reels and went to work. I used my hockey skills along with friction tape, 1 1/2" shrink tubing and black electrical tape to make the grips.
They came out pretty good. The kids can use them off the dock and we can also use when going after some bait to live line.

Some tips: use the grey electrical pipe as these will be outside. Measure the length from end to where you drill to ensure the rig stays tight in the tube. I had #30 mono left over so I spooled it - overkill but it was free.

OK who has the next project that you really don't need to do, but if you had too much time on your hands, you would be all over it?

Attachments

• sibiki rod.jpg
    sibiki rod.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 12

Gianni

Reaction score
My project is going to be getting my boat fully in order and i plan on bombarding this forum with questions lol..
My son is finally old enough to enjoy the boat and im tired of it breaking down.
Lets hope this season changes...

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
This is my biggest spring project,,,,put my new auxiliary fuel tank back in.

Along with full service on the motor including installing my freshly cleaned injectors.

And a few smaller things to do.
20190226_094113.jpg

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Getting ready to start on all this!!! Picking boat up out of storage this afternoon. Yeah Spring!!!!
20190321_143506.jpg

Reactions: JAdams1

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
See? Someone else posted a picture of their cleaned up tank... now THIS.. this looks like a great job done on a real cleaning.. lol. The other one.. eh.. not bad.. but I read the post twice before I realized they had "cleaned it".. lol

Nice job!

btw, yes.. I realize it is a newer tank.. heh.. but still, this one looks better :p

R

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
KY, you had better get you a new headlamp. That is a lot of work you're looking at. I can see you getting harassed to come in for dinner before it gets cold.:) Gonna be Fun!

Reactions: Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
KY, you had better get you a new headlamp. That is a lot of work you're looking at. I can see you getting harassed to come in for dinner before it gets cold.:) Gonna be Fun!

She's a pretty good sport about it. It won't be the first time she's brought me dinner outside and I eat on the boat. Have to get all this done before the end of April, I have a fishing trip planned with Doc Stressor and his wife.

Reactions: Heyspike