Water entering cabin when it rains

peterlindstrom

Reaction score
As the cabin door to my 208 is closed I still get water coming in on the port side cushin when it rains. This also happens even though I have the cockpit canvas installed.
How to remedy this?

Anyone?

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Troubleshoot!

Peter, hello from NW FL! Get in the cabin, close it up and have someone spray water to simulate the rainfall. You already know about where your leak is by the wet cushion. Good Luck! 8)

Reel Sharp

Reaction score
Pay close attention to the seals on the window. It may be trickling from one spot to the other depending how level the boat is.

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have an 89 Overnighter and have had water getting into the cabin, too. I first noticed that it was wet under the cushions and since my boat sits on a lift with the bow pretty high, it was obvious that the leak was at the bow. I assumed the source was the line hole in the anchor locker cover and tried several things to plug it up while on the lift. Still got water in the cabin. Turned out to be the forward-most railing mount on the starboard side. I've also had the hinges on several hatch covers leak.

Gary 89 Overnighter

Reactions: Natron

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Lots of possible sources for this:

Bow rails and window very likely,

Anchor locker drain and cabin rod holders also,

If none of the above check the seal under the rub rail where the hulls are joined. Those screws get alot of stress and will come loose, the holes will open and the sealant used during initial assembly is probably failing by now.

Just because the water ends up under the cushion doesn't mean that it's not coming in from somewhere further away than you might think.