Water in Fuel Tank

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I was responding when you posted your last message. Sound like a good plan. Monitor the fuel bowls and tap them off before the water fills the filter and gets up to the engine filter.

Reactions: Grady131313

Grady131313

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Went to boat today and flushed the fuel lines and the boat ran awesome! Turns out those filler cap o-rings were the issue. Thanks everyone for your help.

Reactions: PointedRose

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
That's terrific. You found the source of the water. I would still check those clear bowls every time you go out. There may still be a little water in the tanks and they will help you get it out.

Reactions: Grady131313

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
If you’ve got pinholes in the tank I wouldn’t fool with it. It’s time to replace the tank.
My Grady had a lot of holes under the cross braces on top of the tank. It looked like KyGrady’s tank did.
If you’ve got 40 gallons of fuel that’s compromised just get rid of it. It’s not worth risking engine damage and don’t use it in your vehicle either. What money you think your saving could cost you big in repair bills. I realize it’s difficult in some areas to dispose of fuel. My county has a hazardous waste facility that takes up to 20 gallons at a time so two trips over two days and it’s free. Patriot Marine builds custom tanks at about the best price you’ll find anywhere and the work is spot on perfect.
When I replaced my tank I also replaced all associated fuel and vent lines. I also installed a quality Racor water separating filter. Do it right and don’t bandaid it. The final repair should be confined to the fuel system and not the engine. http://www.patriotmarinefab.net/?redirect=false

Last edited: