Water leak forward of rear bulkhead 247 Advance

HOOKED on a FEELING

Reaction score
Bilge has always been dry until I had my freash water pump replaced and the washdown repaired (kinked hose) may not be related but seems so. The water is leaking somewhere forward of the bulkhead right behind the fuel tank from the bleed hole at the bottom of the bilge. I can soak up all the water from the stern area and watch is slowly seep back in. All thru hull cocks are off including the maserator. Took it back to shop but said they couldn't find a leak. Thinking of putting food color dye in freash water tank to see if that's it. Any thoughts?

GYP-SEA

Reaction score
I have the same problem, tried running the water out of the fresh tank and it "seemd" to stop but not sure as I use the anchor often and wash it down while in the locker. Please post if you find the problem

HOOKED on a FEELING

Reaction score
Thanks, still looking :hmm I sponged all the water out over the weekend from rear pie plate area and as soon as it's "dried up" starts seeping right back in, I opened the bilge area inside the head where the maserator valve is and can see another bulkhead there with small weep port at the bottom. Small amount of water in this area, sponged out about 2 gal and seemed like the water was seeping forward from compartment under the rocket launcher which is where the gas tank is. Can't see anything but the top of the tank thru the pie plates. Going to have it put on lift next I guess to look at the hull but can't imagine there's anything there, I have scubba scrubbers clean the hull once a month and with new bottom paint last year and pristine hull, no issues with hidden damage. Mysteries of boat ownership.

Thanks HOOKED

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The bilge spaces which are the entire bottom of the middle section of the boat is interconnected and moves back and forth depoending on boat attitude.

Rain water entering the anchor locker opening will enter same space.

HOOKED on a FEELING

Reaction score
Thanks for the anchor locker information, but I can't imagine that there's that much water coming in there, especially when we've had weeks with no rain and still finding water in the bilge. My buddy has a 2003 257 parked right next to mine and we don't see this kind of water in his. Still looking :hmm

Thanks for the input, HOOKED