wet folks behind the helm seats, rocket launcher

wdlfbio

Reaction score
2007 282 Sailfish. No rocket launchers yet, but I'm having some built. Right now, when we take water over the bow or our normal rainy conditions (seattle), any water that hits the hardtop ends up dripping down onto the baitwell and fishbox seating area behing the helm seats. No problem for me, but I thought I'd try to be nicer to my passengers. This water drips right onto their heads. Do you folks with the factory rocket launcher have this problem, or does the mounting bar create a nice seal along the aft width of the hardtop and direct the water towards the outside edges?

I have 59.5" between the outside of the spreader lights. I'm thinking 7 holders would fit fine. We don't fish 50W or any larger reels, so 8" on center should be fine???? Do you guys know the factory drop for the launcher?

Thanks,

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Rocket launchers are not going to save anyone who sits on the wells from the top, or side swept winds too.

Anyone sitting at the bridge should be dry now with canvas up. Middle section at rear can be up or out.

You need to extend the canvas back at least a few feet onto the cockpit floor to protect them, with some sort of top extender - think of a "mini-bimini".

Good luck.