Whats my boat worth?

bigk23surf

Reaction score
I have been thinking about up grading and can't decide what to do. I know the market is great to buy but I would need to sell mine first. So what do you think I would be able to get for my boat? I don't need to sell it and will not let it go for cheap, just kinda wondering.

Its a 1994 Seafarer 226 hull that is in good shape, no damage but not perfect. Below is what I have done to it in the past couple years.

In 2006 I put on a new 2005 Yamaha F225 that has about 350 hours now and has a warranty until 2012
Last October I bought a new aluminum Loadrite trailer with torsion axles and brakes on both axles
All new canvas enclosure in the the winter of 09
New hydraulic ram and helm in 09
Had the bottom paint blasted off and an epoxy coating applied the summer of 09
Replaced the rear scuppers with stainless ones this summer
New seat cushions this year
New vhf and antennae
New optima batteries about 2 years ago
Could included a Garmin 178C and new Raymarine DSX 600

The boat is ready to be used today and there are no problems, I use it about every week all year long.

Like I said I don't need to sell but thinking about moving up to a 232 or Voyager or Journey. If I keep it I'm going to be replacing the cabin cushions and moving the gas tank forward this winter.

boat2g.jpg

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Without knowing too many of the particulars, at look at NADA shows 'average retail' of about $21500. Not only is it a buyers market, it's also winter .. :?

Coconut330

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a nice equiped boat, And have put a few dollars into it to keep it up. With the economy the way it is. What you think your boat is worth and what it is really worth are two different things.. I believe the best way is to find somebody that will take your boat in trade. I had a 28 for sale for Two years before finding a person that would take a trade. It worked out really good.
The market usually picks around March again (spring fever). I was like you I had put a lot of money into my boat, just not getting a good return
on what I had spent.

bc282

Reaction score
IMO: around $25k with electronics, trailer, etc. if in clean and in good condition.

Rhumbline

Reaction score
I recently sold a 208. I reached out to a few sellers on craigs list to see what they sold their boat for. This intel was very helpful in getting to know the local market. Adjust your price based on you own situation.

bigk23surf

Reaction score
I think I would take 25k for it but not sure if I would be able to get that much. Just trying to decide what to do now. A little more room would be very nice tho.