Where to get a fuel tank in the North East?

seafarer88

Reaction score
Am replacing the 93 gallon aluminum fuel tank in a 1988 Seafarer 227. Wondering if there are options -- other than RDS and Florida Marine down South -- for getting the new tank. Wouldn't mind saving some money on the shipping.

I'm in New York.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sinclair

Reaction score
Patriot Marine

They are on the Jersey shore and I just replaced both tanks on my Sailfish. These guys are top notch.

Hope this helps.

Sinclair :D

Yamama

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
Three years ago I got my new tank from www.speedytanks.com. I first got the blueprint dimensions direct fm Grady, then got the old tank out and compared the actual to the blueprint, then ordered and picked up at trucking co in four days!

They are located in NJ.

JT73

Reaction score
Back in 2003 I also got my tank from speedytanks.com (Atlantic Coastal Welding), they do great work and I had mine delivered in 7 days.

jdsmith

Reaction score
Please let me know how you made out as I need a tank also. Just emailed my specs to speedy Tanks.

Sinclair

Reaction score
I replaced both tanks,

The total cost was $1800. The reason I was so impressed with these guys were. I picked up the tanks myself. The guys gave me directions, followed up to make sure I found them while traveling. When I got there they gave we a tour of their shop, showed me the entire process of making the tanks. The tanks are certified fuel tanks. Becareful because alot of venders told me that they would make the tanks, however they wouldnt label them as Fuel Tanks, (figure that).

When I got back, the smaller aft tank (52) gallon tank was 1" to tall. I called the guys back, they immediately made arrangements to have the old tank picked up and a new one was there in 24 hours.

To me thats CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

Thanks, Sinclair :D