WHITE OR BLUE CANVAS?

casey6901

Reaction score
I am geting ready to replace the canvas on my 305 Express. Right now it has the blue canvas but I'm considering upgrading to the Stamoid (white) canvas as I really like how it looks.

Can anyone weigh in on any advantages to one over the other?

Thanks!

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have the blue and would switch in a heartbeat! My dog sheds constantly and her hair is white and guess where it all seems to go! :?

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
stamoid

I had new canvas made a couple of years ago and decided on cream stamoid. I think it is a little easier to clean and maintain and doesn't fade like the dark blue canvas will over time.

Fishtales

Reaction score
had both and would go white stamoid....

Stonewall

Reaction score
I had the blue on my 30 marlin and my 330 came in with the ivory. I was really hesitant at first because I am always getting my decks bloody. I was afraid the ivory would constantly be stained. To my amazement they look as good today as they did when they were new. They are easy to wash up and they sure make the boat lines look better. Its just my opinion but I think he blue tends to chop off the lines of the boat.

Given the choice, I would go with the ivory again.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Agree with all. My 04 300 came with navy. Had new canvas made in 2008 and went with ivory stamoid. Everyone agrees it makes the boat look better. Very pleased with it.

LarryO

Reaction score
Blue and sea gull droppings look a lot worse than white .

ahill

Reaction score
I have white on my Mako 17. Big mistake, lets a lot of light and UV thru. Pretty hot in So. FL. Go with blue you'll be much more comfortable. I have Blue on my Sailfish cockpit Bimini and its great. I don't have pets running around on my canvas so I don't have a hair problem.

RUMBLEFISH

Reaction score
THe guy that made my canvas used material from mid 80's chryler labaron seats. Its a real heavy material almost like rubber on the outside "white" with a grey inside. I have had it for 7 years now still looks great and everything just washes off. To bad the windows are starting to look a bit shabby. :cry:

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
my 265 came with blue originally. I Just replaced all the blue canvas with the cream stamoid. It definatly gives the boat a cleaner more modern look. The helm area does appear much brighter too with the lighter color. Don't know how it will hold up, I guess time will tell.