Window Gaskets

captkfly

Reaction score
Yes, if anyone can give a source for window gaskets, it would be appreciated! I need to take out and reseal the forward windows on my 1995 Islander 26.

dmcneane

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Window Gasket

I recently resealed one of the windows on my '01 282 Sailfish. The manufacturer for the window is a company called Water Bonnet- http://www.waterbonnet.com. They had the rubber gasket for my window. Not sure if they are the manufacturer of your windows. Problems I encountered: 1. Water Bonnet will not sell directly to you.You will need to go through your local Grady dealer. 2. It will help if you can give the Grady dealer the part number of the gasket. Water Bonnet will have this but it may take a little research on their part. 3. I had to make several follow up calls to Water Bonnet when they were researching the window gasket for me. You may need to keep them on task.

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I resealed mine last fall (95 Islander). I removed the aluminum frames from the deck and took them to a glass shop to have the glass re-siliconed into the frame for like $10 each. I took the time to clean all the old sealant off the glass and frames. Use acetone to clean them. The frames are bent to fit the deck and the glass is flat. The problem is also with sealing the aluminum frames to the deck. Many of the screws do not pass through the fiberglass but simply slide by the fiberglass edges. (poor QC when cutting the opening) I used lots of 100% silicone when reinstalling the aluminum frames to the deck. Also silicone the screws in place. put silicone on the screws and under the head prior to turing them in tight. You should also reshape the inside aluminum cover trim so the screws can tighten into the grooves. Allow the silicone to dry over night, then carefully cut away the excess with a razor. It may take a few days to get the frames back and installed, I covered the openings with plastic sheeting and painters tape in case of rain. Check the seal prior to replacing the rubber cover strips to check for leaks. The rubber strips ar not used to seal the windows.
I also had leaking from the horn wire pass through as well. I had to remove and reseal this as well.