Windshield and swim platform for Escape 209

Ben Savannah

Reaction score
Model
Escape
I've got a 2005 Grady Escape 209. OEM windshield is badly spider webbed. Have you replaced yours, and if so who did you buy from? I'm having a hard time finding a company that has the mold for this model and I want to avoid the expense of shipping mine to a company to do it. Any advice is appreciated.
While I'm replacing, I'm also going to make it taller because I'm tall and the top edge of the OEM obstructs my vision. Any suggestions on this (have you customized, what measurements did you use etc.)? Would you go as tall as possible?

Second issue: swim ladder and platform need to be replaced. Who would you recommend I get the replacement from? I'm keeping the bracket so screw pattern could be an issue. Is there anyone who sells OEM Grady platform?
Thanks, Ben

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I've got a 2005 Grady Escape 209. OEM windshield is badly spider webbed. Have you replaced yours, and if so who did you buy from? I'm having a hard time finding a company that has the mold for this model and I want to avoid the expense of shipping mine to a company to do it. Any advice is appreciated.
While I'm replacing, I'm also going to make it taller because I'm tall and the top edge of the OEM obstructs my vision. Any suggestions on this (have you customized, what measurements did you use etc.)? Would you go as tall as possible?

Second issue: swim ladder and platform need to be replaced. Who would you recommend I get the replacement from? I'm keeping the bracket so screw pattern could be an issue. Is there anyone who sells OEM Grady platform?
Thanks, Ben
Usually, on one of the corners (usually bottom) of the glass you'll find the manufacturer info. But this is irrelevant since you said you're going to make it taller. You're now into full-on custom territory so the original manufacturer doesn't matter. Start by asking aroudn at some bigger marinas for recommendations on who to go to.

Post a pic of the swim platform.

Ben Savannah

Reaction score
Model
Escape
Usually, on one of the corners (usually bottom) of the glass you'll find the manufacturer info. But this is irrelevant since you said you're going to make it taller. You're now into full-on custom territory so the original manufacturer doesn't matter. Start by asking aroudn at some bigger marinas for recommendations on who to go to.

Post a pic of the swim platform.
20211204_093233.jpg

Tom O

Reaction score
Model
Escape
Hi, New to the site. Just got a 2009 209 Escape w/250 Yamaha 500 hrs. I also would like to replace the windshield. Does anyone know what years are the same?

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Ben, it's interesting to see the failure point was right where the structure of the bracket "went away".

Since the platform is fiberglass, you could fix it and reinforce it - that wouldn't be too hard, at all, if you're even somewhat handy.

You can look at companies like Garelick, JIF and others - they make similar items. The question is whether or not you can get JUST the platform from them. Even if it wasn't an exact replacement, that doesn't really matter - this is a super easy thing to "make it fit".

Still another option is to just make your own platform.

Ladders like this are plentiful - you can get very inexepnsive ones and you can get more expensive ones. Prices are all over the place... but again, very easy to find. Look for at least a 3-step if not 4-step. You could also switch to an undermount ladder to keep the surface of the platform clear.

Atc235

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 209
Hi, New to the site. Just got a 2009 209 Escape w/250 Yamaha 500 hrs. I also would like to replace the windshield. Does anyone know what years are the same?
Wow a 250hp. I have a 05 and it says it's rated for only 225. 250 would be sweet