windshield wiper ?

RJTFD

Reaction score
Port side wiper stays on and I'm not able to shut it unless I disconnect the wire from the in dash breaker.I replaced the switch but it still stays on.It came on the other day out of nowhere. The starboard side works fine.
Any Ideas? :?:

catch22

Reaction score
Sounds like the "park" feature is shot. You need to replace the wiper motor. In the mean time you can disconnect the orange wire on the motor. That will dissable the park feature. The other wire, orange/green stripe, (I think?) is from the switch. You'll have to keep switching it off and on to stop the wiper where you want.

here's a link to a similar discussion;
http://www.greatgrady.com/forum/viewtop ... ght=#51379

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Next time ask the forum before buying a switch, if you got it at West, take it back for a refund!

There's a gear head at the base of the wiper arm shaft, in there are long contacts that continue the power until the arm reaches the rest point then disconnects the power, the contact appear to have malfunctioned, perhaps SW got in there. If you are a DIYer you may be apply to take it apart and fix it, and reseal the water entry point, or just replace the whole thing. The motor has three connections, a neg feed, a pos feed from switch, and an always on pos feed.

Disconnecting the always on power feed or neg feed - stops it cold when it goes postal.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Catch22 was on top of this one.

I may have got the guy a refund too!

grady23

Reaction score
Problem with the refund idea is NOBODY takes electrical parts back after they've been opened.

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Take it back to West...They'll take a box of s**t if you tell them it used to be a T-bone.