Winter cover for Marlin.

downtown

Reaction score
Anyone have a template or has had a full canvas cover made for a Marlin. I must pay close to $400. a year to shrink wrap mine and I'd like to see if I can get one made.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd be interested as well if I could get one at a reasonable price.

That being said, I think you will find that a cover for this size boat is in the $3K range with the hardtop. You are likely looking at 7 or 8 year payback - probably not worth it....

awc4kds

Reaction score
Downtown,

I had a heavy duty canvas cover custom made for my Marlin in 2006. Cost was a little less than $1,200. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the manufacturer - My grady dealer in central NJ ordered it from someone local. In any event, I've been very happy with the cover and thought that the price was very reasonable given the quality. good luck.

eppem

Reaction score
boatcoversdirect.com. semicustom, will pay for itself in two years.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I stand corrected. Looks like around $870 plush shipping with a 5 year warranty.

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I purchased a Fisher canvas custom made cover last year. I do not recall the exact cost but it fits excellent. You can call them direct for a quote on your boat. Dealt with the owner directly and he was more than happy to help me out. These covers are not cheap, but I have seen them last locally well over ten years. I did not like the idea of shrink-wrapping the boat every year.

http://www.fishercanvas.com/[/list]

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
eppem said:
boatcoversdirect.com. semicustom, will pay for itself in two years.

don't know if they make a 30 ft cover. I followed eppms advise, and so far the cover for my 265 has worked well.