WTB: 208 or 228

Haidawild

Reaction score
Looking to buy either a 208 or 228. SV2 hulls only. Trailer required as well. Top end of budget is 30k. PM me if you have one you’re looking to sell or planning to sell in the next couple months and we can chat. Thanks!

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
What's your location? How far are you willing to travel? Do you have a family, what sort of boating needs will you be having? If you're debating the two boats, I would and did go with a 228 Seafarer because it's a bigger boat and I love the fully enclosed transom as well as the transom bracket. The 208 Adventure essentially has a motorwell with the aluminum bang cap on it, which is notorious for having water intrusion issues. Keep looking, I bought my boat a year ago October back on the east coast for $26.5k and then trailered it back across the country 3,009 miles to just north of Seattle where I live. The boats on the east coast are oftentimes considerably cheaper than what they are out here, of which two almost identical boats to mine have sold out here since then for $55k and $65k.

Haidawild

Reaction score
Thx for the intel. I’m in the pnw and have been looking all over but open to both styles but preference to the 228 for the reasons you stated. Figured I’d put it out to the people here in case someone was contemplating letting theirs go soon.