WTB 265 Express

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I've always loved the look and layout of the 265's. Looked at countless ones online over the last 4-5 years, but wasnt really ready to step up to the plate.
I've finally decided its time to make the move, but first need to sell my 22ft Northriver, that I'll probably put up for sale in September.

I've reached out to a few that are listed on boattrader and yachtworld, just to get an idea of what they had.

Ultimately I'd want to find a 02-05 (scuppers raised), with 4 strokes. I've been talking with one person that has a 2000 with twin Yamaha 200s 4-strokes. Said there hasnt been any issues with the scuppers being submerged. Said the weight between the original 2 stokes was close to 4 stokes they put on.

If I found a 2000-2001, is raising the scuppers a DIY kind of job (im mechanically inclined), or something that needs to be done professionally?

I'm in Oregon and the 265s rarely come up for sale around here, so I'm most likely going to be buying east coast and having it shipped. Marine survey will most definitely taking place on any one that I find.

If anyone has one for sale or see ones come up locally, I'd appreciate any leads.

Thanks

Sal

28 conquest

Reaction score
Good luck finding a Good one! I looked at 4 of them in the last 2 years and they All had swollen delaminated Transoms!
One had new yamaha 250's and the scuppers were under water...not good and not safe!
Maybe with 200 4cyl. motors the scuppers would be ok.
The problem is that the aluminum bang plate that sits on the top of the transom under the motors rots away from salt and water gets in to the transom.
A very bad design since the transom is not sealed properly under the bang plate.
They need to be kept sealed with silicone including the screws.
I gave up on that boat and bought an Edgewater which has no wood and a lifetime hull warranty...
Great boat if you can find the right one!

Last edited:
Reactions: Saltyone

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I don’t personally see the issue with the scuppers being partially submerged or even at/near the water level. I’ve got them on my 228 Seafarer, of which they’re also partially submerged or worse when the gas tank is completely full. I put new Perko rubber scupper flappers on the boat this year and the water will both drain out just fine as well as the ocean water won’t come in the boat. I leave my boat on a mooring buoy for weeks/months at a time during the summer, of which it’s currently been out there since a few days after July 4th and I’ve not had a single issue, knock on wood, besides trying to keep the seagulls from crapping all over my clean boat of course :rolleyes:

Last edited:

nuclear

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I don’t personally see the issue with the scuppers being partially submerged or even at/near the water level. I’ve got them on my 228 Seafarer, of which they’re also partially submerged or worse when the gas tank is completely full. I put new Perko rubber scupper flappers on the boat this year and the water will both drain out just fine as well as the ocean water won’t come in the boat. I leave my boat on a mooring buoy for weeks/months at a time during the summer, of which it’s currently been out there since a few days after July 4th and I’ve not had a single issue, knock on wood, besides trying to keep the seagulls from crapping all over my clean boat of course :rolleyes:
Agreed as my 228 is on a mooring as well.

28 conquest

Reaction score
Scuppers under water will allow the deck to drain out the scuppers as long as the deck is above the water line enough. Some boats are and some are not!
When Grady raised the scuppers on the 265 they also raised the deck I have been told....they also changed the deadrise by 1 degree less which improved the ride, handling of the boat... and in theory would raise the deck as well.

Brian L

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
There's an '01 listed at a Grady dealer out on the Cape in Massachusetts. Not exactly what you're looking for but figure they're so hard to come by that I'd at least share. I have no relation to the boat and have only BS'd with the sales manager (Steve) a few times over the phone (seems like a nice/knowledgeable guy) so can't tell you anything more than that but it's a 265 and the price doesn't seem wildly outrageous so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯