WTB Bennett trim tab switch

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
My new to me 2003 265 has a broken trim tab rocker switch. It appears that the part number is LS3000. Does anyone have one laying around that I could buy? If not, does anyone know the replacement part? I am redoing the helm area so I dont need to match the footprint.

The switch is broken in an open position so I have to turn off the battery so not to burn the motor up.
thanks for any suggestions

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
My new to me 2003 265 has a broken trim tab rocker switch. It appears that the part number is LS3000. Does anyone have one laying around that I could buy? If not, does anyone know the replacement part? I am redoing the helm area so I dont need to match the footprint.

The switch is broken in an open position so I have to turn off the battery so not to burn the motor up.
thanks for any suggestions
Disconnect the power on the backside of the switch, to start with. Or do it at the pump. Or pull the fuse.

Call Bennett - they're very helpful.

Still another option... google for that part number - I'm sure you will find results doing that. Or, stop by your local marine store - they may even have it in stock.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Switch has a short wiring harness, should be a plug a few inches behind it, disconnect. Pull the switch out, and check for a loose connection that allowed two connectors to touch.

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Switch has a short wiring harness, should be a plug a few inches behind it, disconnect. Pull the switch out, and check for a loose connection that allowed two connectors to touch.

Thank you so much! For some reason this did not come up for me in my search. I just purchased it. The mechanical portion of the switch is broken. Meanin, you can push it up or down but it does not stay. I just purchased the boat but am just getting around to settling priorities. Thanks again!

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That switch does not stay in the up, or down, position when you remove your finger, if that is what you are saying. It always returns to the neutral position, like the power window button on a car.

seasick

Reaction score
That switch does not stay in the up, or down, position when you remove your finger, if that is what you are saying. It always returns to the neutral position, like the power window button on a car.
Could be the switch but also could be one of the relays. As suggested, disconnect the switch wires ( or harness) and then power up and see if the trim pump is running.

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I apologize if I was unclear. I don't know the technical terms. The port side of the switch has some resistance to it when you push the tab up or down. The starboard side of the switch has zero resistance. You could move it with a piece of paper. I ordered the switch on ebay and it should be here by the end of the week. I'll then go to the boat and check it out. Thanks everyone for all of the help. I'll update the thread then.

seasick

Reaction score
Got it. In seems like you are correct, the switch is bad.