WTB: Grady 232

PrimeMA

Reaction score
I am looking for a 232 with twin outboards or at least a 300 single. 40k usd budget. Willing to ship from anywhere in the USA or Canada. Not looking for any project boats. Thanks!

Thaboatgoat

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
I can help you out

Attachments

• IMG_4701.png
    IMG_4701.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 33

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Last edited:

PrimeMA

Reaction score
I'd go with this one... it's been for sale for awhile and has had a recent price reduction. Also, it comes with twins and a trailer. Or there's the second one posted with a single 300 outboard on it, but it doesn't come with a trailer and is essentially the same price, as well as is older.

Thanks, I messaged about the first one at the beginning of December and was told it was already sold?

232Grady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
A 232 is to heavy for a single, especially in following seas. If you must go that way, a real SEA trial should be accomplished. If you are inland or lake, you'll be OK! IMHO

Reactions: PrimeMA

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks, I messaged about the first one at the beginning of December and was told it was already sold?
I'm not too terribly sure. You could always call them up and double check. That one was a pretty good deal, so I'm not too surprised that it did sell, especially at that price.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
A 232 is to heavy for a single, especially in following seas. If you must go that way, a real SEA trial should be accomplished. If you are inland or lake, you'll be OK! IMHO
I would tend to disagree off of a weight only perspective. The OP said he's looking for a boat with a single 300 on it or twins, of which a brand new Yamaha F300 is 551 lbs. But twin F150's are 522 lbs a piece, putting their total at 1,044 lbs total, or almost double that of the single F300. I've got a 2004 GW 228 Seafarer with a single Yamaha F225 on it and while it's definitely adequate for my setup, I don't think I'd want a single F225 or maybe even an F250 on a 232 Gulfstream. But again, the OP mentioned he wanted a single with at least a 300 on it, which shouldn't make for any problems.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks! I enquired about this one.. it was damaged in the yard apparently and needed a new pod.. and looks very sun burnt on the engines which concerned me.. old Florida boat?
I bought one of my previous boats in Maryland, drove it out here to Seattle, and the engine cowling on it was chipping/fading, of which that is quite common for outboard motors to do that are now coming up on being 20 years old. It's not too terribly difficult at all to fix them, just a couple hours or so of sanding, priming and repainting them, adding some new decals, etc. Of which I guess to make a long story short, I wouldn't hold out on not buying a boat just because the outboard cowlings were discolored or the paint was chipping/falling off them. It's a very common problem and if the rest of the boat/outboards check out, then that's what really matters imo.

PrimeMA

Reaction score
I bought one of my previous boats in Maryland, drove it out here to Seattle, and the engine cowling on it was chipping/fading, of which that is quite common for outboard motors to do that are now coming up on being 20 years old. It's not too terribly difficult at all to fix them, just a couple hours or so of sanding, priming and repainting them, adding some new decals, etc. Of which I guess to make a long story short, I wouldn't hold out on not buying a boat just because the outboard cowlings were discolored or the paint was chipping/falling off them. It's a very common problem and if the rest of the boat/outboards check out, then that's what really matters imo.
Ya the cowlings weren't the biggest issue. It was more the bracket replacement that concerned me. It just seemed like the boat was poorly attended to.