Yamaha High Pitched Alarm Question

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My F225 Yamaha is making a constant high pitched siren noise - It seems to be coming form the cockpit - The water streams are both very good and the engine aside form the noise is running very good. The noise kick in at about 3500 and seems to increase as the RPMs increase ? Did a web search and did not come up with much - anyone have this issue?

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It sounds like the warning horn is sounding..Check your gauge when the horn sounds. might be overheating.When was the last time you changed the water pump? also check your oil. might be low..not sure but i think the horn sounds for a fuel restriction too.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks for the tips - the water pumps were changed last winter - Oil is good - I havent checked the fuel lines for issues - That will be next

Peanut

Reaction score
I had my port engine run a high pitched alarm but I also recieved warning lights and the engine shut off.

It happened when i revved up to 4900 rpm. I thought that it overheated as well so i let them cool down and started it up again. It happened the following time at 2800 rpm. Didn't want to restart it so i limped back in on one engine and had my mechanic look at it. Apparently there was a corroded wire going to the fuse in the engine. Had it replaced and it works fine now. I'd check your connections as well as the fuses.
It's interesting how you're getting the alarm but the engine doesnt switch off.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Dealer has it now - hopefully it is a connection - i will let you know - thanks for the replies