Yamaha touchscreen display

GEII

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Hi Everyone,

I have twin 200 2021 yamaha engines. The touch screen display never seems to completely line up with the actual trim position of the engines. It always appears that one engine is not at the same trim/tilt as the other engine. Sometimes it's flashing yellow for one engine when both are in the water. I asked my dealer to look at it last year. its better than it was but I still have this issue. Has anyone else experience this.

Thanks for any feedback

Reactions: wspitler

Liberty

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
I have similar - Twin 200's. I reset the trim in the Yamaha touch screen. Think it might have helped but haven't had a chance to really check it. Did you get yours fixed???

Gulffisher

Reaction score
Your trim indicator issues are MOST LIKELY not digital display screen related but instead related to the mechanical position indicator switch on the engine mounting bracket. That switch has historically (going back to at least early 2000) been a weak-link given its location where it is usually or at least very often submerged. Mineral buildup can often prevent the cam/switch from moving correctly in relation to the engine mounting bracket/clamps and cause improper tilt readings. The switch works by "measuring" relatively small changes in resistance as the cam/switch arm rotates and any water intrusion into the sealed switch can also cause improper reading of actual tilt. After changing many switches over the past 20 plus years, I finally gave up and instead turn and look.

Reactions: Sardinia306Bimini

Sardinia306Bimini

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Yes, that is correct!
I had on all 3 150 HP I had between 1999 and 2020 the same problem, over the time they start to stick and give wrong trim angles.
I bent a SS wire with a eye on one end to move the trim indicator arm rapidly back and forth till he got unstuck and sprayed it with WD-40 /CRC, that helped for a while and then it started over again. Only my actual F250 does not have this problem during the last 3 years and 500 hours.

Chris

seasick

Reaction score
Your trim indicator issues are MOST LIKELY not digital display screen related but instead related to the mechanical position indicator switch on the engine mounting bracket. That switch has historically (going back to at least early 2000) been a weak-link given its location where it is usually or at least very often submerged. Mineral buildup can often prevent the cam/switch from moving correctly in relation to the engine mounting bracket/clamps and cause improper tilt readings. The switch works by "measuring" relatively small changes in resistance as the cam/switch arm rotates and any water intrusion into the sealed switch can also cause improper reading of actual tilt. After changing many switches over the past 20 plus years, I finally gave up and instead turn and look.
The earlier motor had plastic trim angle cams that often would crack and fail. Replacement cam actuators now are metal but as mentioned, you have to adjust the actuators. In addition as also alluded to, the sender itself is spring loaded so that the tab always presses on the actuator cam. As the lubrication in the sensor gets old it gets harder and can cause the tab to not always follow the actuator tab. So check the sender first and then have a look at the cam tab