‘04 330 EXPRESS WRAP

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The two tone look is nice if the boat is lift kept and no bottom paint is intended. I agree that it’s a little odd IMO when the bottom gets painted and you have a white gap (teeth) if you will.

I like the color and would fill the gap then do a nice light boot stripe to make it really “Pop”

I think it would look odd if I did color that section in. Every single newer 330 express with a colored hull I've seen has that section left white, bottom paint or no bottom paint.

as for the boot stripe, my brotherinlaw agrees with you and is trying to talk me into it... he says to go with a bright red or orange even.... I'm not sure about that but I agree it would really make it pop. I'm just not sure I'm ready for that lol

I may pick up a couple of rolls of stripe tape and play around with some mock up

Attachments

• bottom paint 1.jpg
    bottom paint 1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 48
  • wrap.png
    wrap.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Just picking my 2002 up from the paint shop this afternoon. Boat was already bottom painted and would have been prohibitively expensive to remove/redo. I've used vivid white bottom paint before and it's a much cheaper alternative to keep the unpainted look for a lift kept boat.

I was back and forth on the "smile" discussion - I figured this was the safer choice, I can always add white bottom paint but looks pretty good all in blue!

This is "stars and stripes blue" awlcraft paint. I went with the 2022 (?) Grady stripe and logo from the dealer.

Attachments

• grady-330-painted.jpg
    grady-330-painted.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Just picking my 2002 up from the paint shop this afternoon. Boat was already bottom painted and would have been prohibitively expensive to remove/redo. I've used vivid white bottom paint before and it's a much cheaper alternative to keep the unpainted look for a lift kept boat.

I was back and forth on the "smile" discussion - I figured this was the safer choice, I can always add white bottom paint but looks pretty good all in blue!

This is "stars and stripes blue" awlcraft paint. I went with the 2022 (?) Grady stripe and logo from the dealer.
NICE!!!!

that exact blue was my first choice but not available. Yours looks awesome !!!

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin

Very clean look having the paint follow the water line

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Looks really nice!!

I have often thought that wrapping would be a good factory applied option as an alternative to colored gel coat.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander

That looks terrific! I like that color but may go a little lighter. I'm working with AwlGrip now to come up with a Grady White topside color. My hardtop is off and I'm repainting it. May do underside in future hull color. Also going to take the hardtop aluminum structure off and paint. I think it would look good in new hull color too.

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
That looks terrific! I like that color but may go a little lighter.
This color looks remarkably different in different lighting. The shot I posted in the other thread https://www.greatgrady.com/threads/...d-hulls-lets-see-your-pics.34028/#post-238764 shows it as much lighter.

Oddly both pics are accurate, sometimes it looks dark, sometimes it looks light. I really struggled with color choice because I saw the same thing when I was searching for the stars and stripes paint online, and I was like why can't anyone take a good photo of this color... I would honestly call it a "medium slate blue." The boat across the canal from me is more of a bright toy blue color, this feels a bit more classic - but depending on the lighting they can look similar or completely different.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Pls keep thread up to date with pics. Many likely watching to see how it holds up. You may have more copycats if you have a good experience.

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Pls keep thread up to date with pics. Many likely watching to see how it holds up. You may have more copycats if you have a good experience.
I'm almost 2 seasons in and it's holding up fine. couple of bites here and there but nothing crazy. As I said earlier in the initial post, I always have the option of peeling it off and painting- so000.....the wrap is coming off this winter and I'm getting the boat painted. Awlgrip Stars and Stripes Blue... same color as member "Flot" I think his is awlcraft but the guy I spoke to said awlgrip has same colors. I'll probably get the "teeth" painted too.

I got caught up in the covid madness and accepted a color I wasn't overly thrilled about from the day I saw the samples. When I did this, new engines were on order and my ass was still bleeding from that so the wrap fit the budget at the time. If I had it to do over again, I'd still wrap it but I'd do a gloss and I'd hold out for some kind of blue which is what i always wanted.

While the dark grey was never a favorite, I got a ton of compliments on it everywhere I went. I won't be putting the black grady stripe back on though. I'll probably go with the chrome look grady white letters again, though. Maybe now I can find some decent stainless vents too. My chrome painted plastic ones looked good for about 5 seconds lol

Reactions: Peter A