02 33-Express Transom Fish Box Doors

Volare

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The Fish Box hatch doors on my express have taken a beating over the past few winters and really began to blow apart. The previous owner it appears had a fiberglass company repair them but they are not holding up. I would love to have new ones made and Grady doesn't sell these anymore. Anyone have any ideas of where to begin? Would love to be able to just order replacements and not have to send mine out for templating.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hmm - unfortunately I don't have a source, but you might consider making a single hatch lid instead of the original 2. I actually had my hatches bonded together and I also added a hatch seal. Keeps the water out and the ice colder.

ocdansar

Reaction score
I had an 01 Hull #26. GW brought the boat back to the plant in 04 to do some Hull repairs. They changed that twin lid fish box put for a single. I liked it a lot more.
I have an 03 now with twin lids I would love to change it out for a single.

Volare

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thank you both for your advice. I wonder why Grady White didn't offer that to me when i called them to ask about these lids. The way these look currently, anything would be better.