'04 Sailfish Rod Storage

jar777

Reaction score
Two questions:
Which rocket launchers are recommended for the hard top that can reach and give you enough head rooms? and
There is limited room for handing rod holders in the cabin. Any after market recommendations?

sluggoe

Reaction score
got a 2002 sailfish with 5 factory installed launchers; gotta step up to reach 'em but i also have 4 holders on the port and stbd pipes that are more convenient;

would look into the pipe option if you are concerned about reach or headroom;

--slug.

Fishtales

Reaction score
The marlin rod hardtop rodholder has been installed on the sailfish by some here. It has 6 rod holders versus the 5 and sits a little lower. I'd say if you are 6' or under, it is easier to reach from the cockpit.

I'd also look at rod holders in the aft berth. You need to keep fairly small ones in there say 5.5 footers to get them in and out easy. You can install some blocks with Taco or other overhead rod holders, could likely get another 2-4 in there (think they only come with 4)

There are the cabin rod holders. I had these in my sailfish. They fold back when out of the way, and allow you to hold another 6 or so. The problem with these is they lay over the sink and stove an limit access in this area. I had these as well and found them ok to manage. You can knock these off if you can get a good look at a set.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The factory hardtop rocket launchers are a little high to get to and when offshore it's one hand on the tubing and one hand for the rod. I added two holders on each side which come in real handy. In the cabin, I have a copy of the Grady holders (holds 6) and 4 are stored by the V berth. All 10 are full but only 1 heavy stick is left on board. This covers most inshore needs. How many rods do you want to store on board?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You can put 2-3 clamp-ons on each vertical frame upright, easy DIYer job.

Check out LEE's and others.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Be careful getting lower launchers for the Sailfish, if you rush off the bridge jumping the steps you will clip your head! If you are short, don't have taller passengers on boat otherwis get them hardhats!

I'l 6 ft 1 in and miss the holders by a hair when I dive for the rod when the clicker goes crazy!