06 330 Livewell Troubleshooting

Libero

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

I have a thru-hull mounted livewell pump and the ground spade at the watertight connector is testing bad. When I jump the ground to a nearby connector for the FWD bilge, all seems fine. So, I need to trace back the ground wire in the 2-wire harness alongside/under the Starboard side if aft bunk liner. Does anyone know where the ground terminates? I need to see if I have a broken wire or bad connection somewhere. I don't want to butcher things cutting, splicing and picking up a new ground if I can avoid it.

Thanks,
Nick

Finest Kind

Reaction score
Libero said:
Hi Gang,

I have a thru-hull mounted livewell pump and the ground spade at the watertight connector is testing bad. When I jump the ground to a nearby connector for the FWD bilge, all seems fine. So, I need to trace back the ground wire in the 2-wire harness alongside/under the Starboard side if aft bunk liner. Does anyone know where the ground terminates? I need to see if I have a broken wire or bad connection somewhere. I don't want to butcher things cutting, splicing and picking up a new ground if I can avoid it.

Thanks,
Nick

Why not just make that jump to a nearby ground permanent? As long as the livewell pump still goes on and off when you toggle the switch its all good. The pump doesn't care where the ground wire comes from...
Don't fix it if its not broke.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think the reason you don't want to jumper into another ground connection is that you are then moving more current through that ground wire than was originally intended and designed for...

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I don't have that model but I'm guessing it has a DC Negative bus inside the console near the DC accessory panel.
They don't label the negative returns so look for a loose/broken/corroded connection first. If you can't find it, run the same gauge black wire from the live well pump and you're done.

Libero

Reaction score
Thank you for the initial replies. I agree, I can jump the wire, but I'd rather keep it factory rigged. I can run a new wire, and likely will do so, but I'm trying to avoid taking apart the headliner and other panels in my aft bunk if I can narrow down the issue elsewhere.

I'm looking for where the ground wire for the baitwell pump is routed (looks like under the aft bunk inner liner) and where the ground terminates. Any additional insight is greatly appreciated before I start cutting and splicing.