08 gulfstream 232

Salty Reb

Reaction score
I am seriously contemplating buying a new 08,232. Anyone know how much this boat should cost? It has a hardtop and twin 150's. Any help would be appreciated. I have got the dealer down to 85k and I have no idea if I am in the ballpark.

THanks

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I remember a year or two ago the sticker for the 23 was about $110k

232 GULF

Reaction score
What electronics? Outriggers? If it has all of the electronics you need and minimal hours on the engines then I'd say thats a great deal. You're definitely going to enjoy her 8)

engineersx2

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We purchased a new 232 with twin 150's in Jan of 2008. Our Grad come with a hardtop, outriggers, windless, and electric head (no trailer). We paid about $92K and felt that we got a pretty good deal (but that was back in early 2008). We put another $4k in electronics so we have about $96k invested (plus the VA sales tax on the 92k - which was another $2,000).

in looking at recent prices for a 232 on boattrader.com the $85k seems like a pretty good deal.

good luck with your decision. For what it is worth, we have never regretted our decision to purchase our 232. It has been a great boat!

Ric

Salty Reb

Reaction score
08 Gulfstream 232 - electronics?

Thanks, I felt pretty good about the price, but was having a hard time finding what the boat should cost. I figure another 5k in electronics and a windless and I should have the basics.

I am debating between the Garmin 4210 multifunction and the Raymarine C90W multifunction for my electronics. Anyone have experience with either of these two? Also any advice on a VHF would be helpful. This will be our first boat and we have a bit of a learning curve but are pretty excited about getting started.

lgusto

Reaction score
I think your pricing is very good. You're going to love the boat.

I have had a lot of trouble with my Raymarine gear. The main unit (C80) has been repaired, the radome has been replaced, etc, etc.

Just about any name brand VHF will do these days, I use Standard Horizon. Make sure it has the GPS interface with MMSI capability. And don't forget a good handheld as a backup.

midnight-rider

Reaction score
Take a look at Tri State Marine in Deale MD

I think they have one with a trailer for under 90. Goggle thier name to find thier web site.