12V Feed For 2000 Seafarer E-Box?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I had assumed that the power for the fuse panel in my E box, came up through the pipe from the top of the dash to the side of the box, but it does not. It (wrapped in black tape)goes straight out the front of the box, through the enclosure track above the windshield, and appears to go into the short vertical tube on the hard top frame, directly in front of the box. Trying to figure out where it goes from there, more precisely , where it is coming from?

Attachments

• IMG_6105.jpeg
    IMG_6105.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6106.jpeg
    IMG_6106.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
On my Islander it comes up the rear tower leg. It then turns forward, comes out and back into the pipe and continues forward. It then pops out for a short run to the electronics box. Not sure where it originates but may be at the batteries.

seasick

Reaction score
On my Islander it comes up the rear tower leg. It then turns forward, comes out and back into the pipe and continues forward. It then pops out for a short run to the electronics box. Not sure where it originates but may be at the batteries.
I wouldn't think it originates at the battery. More likely it is fed from the fuse block at the helm

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Typical grady wiring is like this...
It usually comes down the stbd side rear post of the hardtop. Often there is a molex plug there. This connects the hardtop harness to the hull harness.
The red & black 10 awg is usually fed from distribution terminal buses under the helm. Not fused. It is fused up in the e box
However, Some smaller models do use the fuse panel under the helm for distribution.

If you look at the wiring diagram in the owners manual for your model it will show this.

Fishtales

Reaction score
On mine it comes from the breaker panel up thru the electronics enclosure in the dash and then up the stanchion on top of the electronics enclosure to the rradio box with the 2 doors under the hardtop. Pretty much stops there.