180 fire extinguisher placement

Greatty

Reaction score
Any of you 180 owners' have ideas or photos of fire extinguisher placement? I was wriitten up last year by the CG for no extinguisher (my bad) and currently keep it in a canvas bag in the console, but am trying to find a suitable (read: accessible) location to mount it. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance for your advice. -Bob

Sportsman180

Reaction score
Mine came with a small extinguisher mounted on the inside of the console cockpit door and it seems to work well and is easily accessible. No pics right now.

haskindm

Reaction score
The console door on my Sportsman is made of a white plastic material. On the inside of the door is a vertical reinforcement that is perpendicular to the door. I bolted a piece of oak wood to the vertical piece to make it wider and then mounted the extinguisher to that.

Tarpon190

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing a recess pannel on the left side of the walk thru on my Tarpon 190 - al la Boston Whaler Montauk style.

That way it will be very easy to access but not take up any room on the boat.

What do you guys think?

Later,

Red

JerseySure

Reaction score
Website
www.psywarrior.com
Model
Fisherman 216
I read the few ideas here and I am still looking for an idea to mount our fire extinguisher. The door to the head compartment seems to lead the parade so far. I could easily cut a piece of hard wood and mount it under the mirror on the door and then mount the bracket to the wood. Are there any other ideas out there for the limited space on a Grady White 216 Fisherman CC circa 2019. I do open that door and air it out when fueling up even though I don't have to. It is just a habit from prior boats.