180 Sportman - cooler question

Barlow46

Reaction score
Greg,

I know what doesn't on my 2002 sportsman...just by a 1/2 or so in width (front to back). I bought an 18 x18 x 30 frigid rigid after measuring but didn't account for the outside hinge depth. The cooler slides under the seat and is not too tall but will not open but a short distance due to top hitting the cross rail. I presently have an igloo 72 under there and it fits fine. If you know anyone looking for a good deal on a frigid rigid, sent them my way. Good luck.

Barlow46

Reaction score
Dave S said:
I HAVE THE IGLOO 72 QT AS WELL. FITS NICE BUT ITS A PAIN TO OPEN BECAUSE OF THE WHEEL

On my sportsman, I have the cooler opening facing the back of the boat and I just lift the seat to open the cooler. Are you talking about the seat hitting the wheel or are you facing the cooler toward the front of the boat?

Dave S

Reaction score
im talking about it facing the bow and the lid hitting the wheel. i havnt turned it around to face the rear but i'll try that

Barlow46

Reaction score
Yes. Give that a try. I lift up the seat (stern to bow direction) and then lift the cooler lid in the same direction. Works great, just use your upper arm to hold the seat up and the cooler lid with you hand. I leave the cooler under the seat and very seldom take it out of the boat at all except to clean.