19' Tournament

NH Seafarer

Reaction score
Anyone know what years they manufactures this model?
Looking to get a lake boat and seeing some back as early as 1987.
Any inherent issues with this model?

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
The only real issue would be the joint between the cap and hull at the motor well. Grady finished it off with sealant and an aluminum angle strip. That joint can flex and over time the sealant can break away and the area becomes a source for water intrusion. if the boat is cared for and water is kept out ,it's a solid running boat. my advice though if your budget allows you want a 96 or newer with SeaVee 2 hull..it's a much better riding and drier design than the hull from the 80s. I had a 192. Loved it just wanted a bigger boat.

Reactions: NH Seafarer

Topjimmy

Reaction score
The SeaaVee 2 hull started in 1994 and yep they are great all around boats I have had mine since 94 and like was mentioned above transom cap keep an eye on them also the old carbed 2 stroke Yammies are great motors but are noisey stinky gas sucking beasts If I was going to keep mine I would repower with a 4 stroke also if you are looking for fancy interiors and carpet look somewhere else like a Bayliner YIKES!!!

Last edited:

MashpeeMan

Reaction score
I love my 2001 192 and I have a Yami 2 stroke which only has 675 hours and I'm very happy with the motor... it's DFI which may be why I'm happy with it (I've found it to be quiet and fuel efficient). One of the things I've wondered about would be whether re-powering (some day) to a (presumably heavier) 4 stroke would cause issues with water backing in through the rear scuppers. As it is now if I'm docked and there's too much weight in the back I do notice some water coming in through those scuppers. I'd presume adding another 50-100 lbs to the transom would further compound the issue.

That being said, love the boat and agree with the comments on the SeaVee. I always feel very comfortable and confident in that boat, even in a moderate chop.

Kennybuck

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I have owned a 2001 since 2005. Has 150 Yamaha 2 stroke. Plenty of motor for boat whether pulling someone on a float or riding around with 8 people aboard. Great boat but there have been plenty of maintenance items over the years. Foot boards breaking, rubber seals on all doors to replace. Seat cushion fabric to replace, throttle cable replacement, light replacements, radio/speaker replacement, oil mix reservoir replacement twice. Fresh water pump replacement. All in all the hull and motor have been rock solid. I have never needed a tow back to dock. Boat is not for sale (per my wife and my yellow lab). Great family boat and when Fall spots are running then it is a great fishing boat. Gets about 2 miles per gallon. Expect to spend about $1k per year to maintain.

Reactions: McCann5225

McCann5225

Reaction score
I have a 1987 tournament 19.
200 mercury efi repower 1999.
great boat. Easy to crawl around cause your gonna have to ding with things. Getting set to rewire the back of the dash as there are some “tired” wires. It’ll clean up the “nest” from adding radios, locators etc. Don’t go in blind, I found a real sound and clean boat and intend on keeping it that way.
BTW
I posted a while ago.
I was at a landing and got some great compliments and questions. proud moment especially next to a $70k Ranger.

038FB569-C7EC-4093-AC89-A738D1B308A3.jpeg

Reactions: PointedRose