192 Freedom in chop

bigwaves

Reaction score
Hi there, looking to down size to more of a family boat. I like the 192 freedom since it will fit on the dock behind my house. My concern is in bumpy seas, I normally stand up and lean. The freedom looks like you can't stand and the helm is pretty far forward.

Any insight is much appreciated.

Topjimmy

Reaction score
I have a 192 Tournament (same boat) and I stand up all the time thru the chop and she does great but most of the time I just get up on a plane and sit down and enjoy the ride if I want to stand up a lot I just adjust the seat a little Aft to give me a little more room and put one hand on the top of the windshield the other on the wheel I am 6ft 2 with long arms and it feels just right ,I am the original owner of this 1994 and it has served me well for fishing-water skiing etc.. it is Grady's SUV of boats it does a little of everything of course being an open bow I do not go out in 4+ ft swells my only regret is I should have gotten the 175 or 200 Yamaha for that little extra Grunt out of the hole but the 150 does fine

Last edited:
Reactions: bigwaves

MashpeeMan

Reaction score
I stand up while running most of the time. 192 handles it very well. Occasional splash on the sunglasses is the only annoying thing about standing and running in a chop with this boat!

McCann5225

Reaction score
I installed a sliding bracket and the extra couple inches moving the seat back worked. Similar Tournament 19 again with the windshield handle.
Handy for docking and trailer jockeying as well.