192 gas tank sender depth?

Reaction score
I just found out the hard way that i need a new sender in my gas tank :bang does anyone know the size i need to replace it?

Thank god for friendly boaters :praise .... no i don't have a 1/4 tank of gas :bang
IMG_5773.jpg

yeah i know i need a new compass and i have new hinges just haven't put them in. one more.... :bang

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
This is a 2 step job...first call is to GW customer service who will tell you the tank depth. The 2nd step is http://www.wemausa.com and order direct from them. You want one that is about an inch les than the depth of the tank, so when it reads E you have a bit of reserve.

WEMA makes them for Moeller, and I believe Marpac, but you can order direct from them and save some money.

I just replaced mine two weeks ago. The replacement sender, to my door, was about $70 or so.

Reaction score
thanks calling tomorrow

seasick

Reaction score
192 said:
thanks calling tomorrow
Although I have high regards for GW tech service, they have in the past given out incorrect tank depths. You can get their measurement and then call WEMA to see if they concur.
The most accurate method is to remove the current sender and measure the depth from the sender flange on the tank to the bottom and subtract one inch.
Jut in case you aren't experienced in removing the sender, bear in mind that if the tank is relatively full, gas will pour our when you unscrew the flange. Either burn off fuel and/or move a lot of weight forward to make the tank level. Secondly, when reinstalling the sender, make sure you line up the gasket correctly. The holes are not symmetrical. Don't over tighten those screws.
Good luck

Reaction score
my only concern with removing before having the new part is that this thing is falling apart and i don't know if it will hold up to a removal possible temporary replace.

IMG_4847.jpg

seasick

Reaction score
I understand. See what Grady has to say.

Reaction score
i was told my tank is 10 in deep ... i ordered a 9 in sender from WEMA ... thanks for the help all.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
One thing to remember is the WEMA senders have a designed lag as the float moves up and down. Don't be concerned about the delay between when you move the float, and when the number of bars changes.

It keeps the reading on the gauge from going nuts as the boat bounces up and down.

Reaction score
Got my Wema sender. Nice simple piece looks much better then the original. Only odd thing is that the pink wire on the sending unit is the ground and the pink wire on my Grady is the power. :uhm
IMG_5949.jpg

Reactions: tech_dog