192 tournament stereo installation

mcap1

Reaction score
I'd like to install a stereo in my boat and can't decide where to mount the
components. Any pics or advice would be greatly appreciated.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry no one has replied. I would suggest a search, there are a number of threads on stereo installation.

Is the 192 a center console or tournament/bow-rider? I couldn't recall. In either case, a weatherproof house lets you pretty much put it anywhere handy to the helm. The weather-proof speakers work really well, can be mounted in the inside gunwale, or hung from a t-top on a CC.

dlcss396

Reaction score
I mounted some aluminum Lumber under the dash (you can tap the ends) I came in from the compartment in front of the helm, and from used one of the holes from the trim screws. Mounted two pieces -oriented aft to stern wise. Then mounted one to bridge them. It is adjustable aft to stern that way. Then I mounted the stero in a stereo enclosure and mounted it to the alum lumber. I also mounted my VHF under there and my battery gauges. ... I hate to drill holes in the boat. I mounted my speaker from it with a bracket I had to fabricate. I also mounted a pice on the other side to mount the speaker.

I will try to send you pics..

TommyGirl225

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
I installed four speakers in my 1998 192 Tournament. One is under the helm through the flat fiberglass surface and another is near the port passenger seat also through fiberglass. The rear speakers were mounted on marine lumber (plastic star-board) and then fixed on either side as shown in the picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,070