1977 20 foot Grady White center console

pinhookah

Reaction score
i just bought a 1977 20 foot Grady White center console it has a little bit of a soft floor and the transom has seen way better days i bought just the hull and a trailer for a couple hundred dollars i need some insight on this year because i try to search and i cant find any information i always loved gradys ever since i saw one wen i was two years old and now i finally have one 20 yrs later!! im just super excited and would like some others opinions please :D

frank

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,733
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,734
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,733
  • g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,734

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Frank,

Interesting plate on the transom - what is that made of? Stainless or Aluminum? It appears to wrap right around it nicely.

Another place you can check for restoration ideas is the Classic Mako site:

http://www.classicmako.com/

Good luck with your new boat and keep us posted...

-Scott

pinhookah

Reaction score
i heard this one is called the 20'4 hatteras and i think its stainless steel

Spawn Bag

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you guys have seen where you can pull up the old catalogs. Pretty cool to go back and see the catalog for the year and model you own or are thinking about buying.

Go to the link below and select the year. You do not have to enter your name, email, etc. Just click continue and the file will open. If it doesn't open in 10 seconds there is a "click here" button.

I love the pics of the 77 Chevy Impalas at the boat ramp.

http://www.gradywhite.com/customer/cata ... l=2013.pdf

pinhookah

Reaction score
they had it on because of a 200 horse on the back which in my opinion ruined the transom
and its actually solid
does anyone know where i can get the original splash guard and bimini top for this model?
thanks for the help 8)

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The original Bimini top and bow dodger on that model were made of vinyl and they didn't hold up very long. You would do much better having them custom made using Sunbrella or other modern fabric.