1981 overniter

rdeto

Reaction score
Model
Weekender
Good evening, I’m hoping someone can help me with a water issue I’m having with my Overniter.
Seems that the forward storage compartment directly in the center of the cabin is taking on water and not draining. There are drain holes but the water is not going out. The small compartment on the left of it (port side)also has water.
Is there a direction someone can point me in or send me a diagram on where the water may be coming from and how and where it’s supposed to drain?
Thank you
RD

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If you've found drain holes, but they are not draining, then try to clear them... poke/blow air/etc. It should drain to the bow bilge (under the cabin floor) and eventually to the aft bilge. Although sometimes a little water will always be present in the bow/forward bilge given the shape of the boat and it's sitting attitude.

Sources for water leaking in are the typical - windows, hatches and any protrusions that are mounted/thru-bolted. If you have an anchor locker lid on the bow, that's another possibility. Simulate rain with a hose.