1982 Bimini

ray070752

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a 1982 Grady White Bimini...can't seem to find out a lot about them....mostly seafarer etc. What was the major difference with this model and others? Where they discontinued for a specific reason?
Thanks
Ray

dlevitt

Reaction score
Ray,

I had an '81 with a '93 Evinrude 300 OceanPro on the back. This was my first boat and I ran it for 2 years. One of the major differences with this boat and the Seafarer is the walkaround. On the Bimini, the walkaround is at gunnel height and on the Seafarer, it is lower. I was very happy with the boat and it was solid (after I had to repair the transom). The only reason I sold it is that I got the boat pictured below for a deal that I couldn't pass up. Also, my wife wanted a boat with a useable cabin. The Grady cabin was too small for anything other than storage.

You need to check the obvious "grady" concerns like thru hulls and rot in the transom. Also, like most older grady's, the windows will leak...

If you want to talk about any specifics, PM me with your phone number or I can PM mine.