1984 19' GW tournament

yellolab

Reaction score
Just bought this boat.

Anyone know what the three switches operate in the instument panel?

I'm sure I could figure it out, but maybe someone could save me some time ???

Been a GW fan forever, this is my first one. It has a 35 hour Honda 150 4 stroke on it, and looks pretty good. Just need the ice to melt on the lake here in Vermont !!!

Kevin

gw204

Reaction score
Probably bilge pump (manual/auto), nav/anchor lights and fuel gauge. You should have a button for the horn as well.

Here's a some pics of a replacement panel I made for an '84 Tournament 19 several years ago.

Original panel
frontold.jpg

Cutout for panel
console1.jpg

New panel ready for gauges and switches
cutpanel.jpg

Done and installed
DSCN0223.jpg

dualconsoles.jpg

yellolab

Reaction score
WOW nice job on the panel. I need to do something for mine as well. I see you went without the plexi cover. Everthing waterproof enough or is the plexi cover for sun protection or ??

My bilge pump runs all the time, I have not looked at it yet, I'm guessing it has something to with the float switch but wanted to figure out the switches first.

Thanks/Kevin

Reaction score
gw204,

That panel looks great. Is that starbaord or laminite? As far as the guages are concerned, did you have to rewire everything or simply unplug and plug back in. What kinf of guages and why?

Thanks

gw204

Reaction score
yellowlab,

We ditched the cover because it was ugly. To be honest, I'm really not sure why it's there to begin with. It definitely didn't shield any sort of weather from the panel.

The switches and gauges used were waterproof, but not the fuse holders. This boat had the canvas up most of the time so the helm rarely got wet. It surely wasn't any worse than the factory panel. I did the very same setup on my old 204 center console and that panel held up great.

Now that I know a little more, my next panels will use sealed breakers instead of those fuse holders.

IMG_0513.jpg

Then panel was made from a flat black Rowmark UV-stable engraving stock. I made all the cuts and had a local trophy/sign shop engrave the switch functions.

The only thing I salvaged from the original panel was the portion of the wiring harness that plugged into the boat's harness....I think. I know that is how I did my 204. It's been more than a few years though. I think the Tournament was done around 2002/2003.

Since I completely changed the orientation of the gauges and switches on both panels, I did custom wiring for everything using Ancor tinned wired, Ancor tinned terminal and Ancor adhesive lined heat shrink. I used to have pics of the back of one of the panels, but I don't know what I did with them. I kept everything nice and neat. No excess wire, everthing zip tied together so it wouldn't flop around.

If you look closely at the pictures, you'll see that there are two sets of gauges in the 190 panel. The black ones went in first. Those were Faria gauges I sourced off Ebay. I chose them because they were cheap. :) The chrome/white gauges were installed not too long after when the boat was repowered from a 150 Evinrude to a 140 Suzuki. They are factory Suzuki gauges. I never did bother to look to see if the dealer butchered my nice wiring.