1984 Seafarer Aluminum fuel tank and fuel line replacement

Travis Auer

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I just purchased a 1984 Seafarer that still has the original fuel tank and lines but has been re-powered. The tank is not leaking but want to replace it soon. The 1.5 inch fill hose and vent hose are deteriorating. My only tank is located in the rear of the boat by the transom It is a 93 gallon made by Florida Marine Tank. It is very hard to read the tag that is on the tank due to the age. There is a spot in the front of that tank that has fuel lines ran to it as well by the cabin door that is used as a storage compartment. I assume a auxiliary tank could of gone there. I would like to know if all this sounds factory or something custom was done after the fact. Also I’d like to know if the tank is foamed in and how easy it comes out once it is empty. Does anyone know the best place where I can order a replacement tank that can be shipped to central Florida.

Last edited:

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hey Travis,

A few of this have done this. You want to address this soon for peace of mind as well as safety. Tanks can be made anywhere. I had mine fabricated by Paul at Patriot Marine Fabricating in NJ as his price was a good chunk less that Florida Marine Tanks quote.

It's not foamed in, take the deck plates off, there are screws and shims you can remove then out she goes.

This was all factory.

Here was my replacement thread...

Last edited:
Reactions: PointedRose