1985 Tournament 19

Mitch360

Reaction score
Hey, I've got an opportunity on a 1985 Tournament 19. Owner had it to a shop and the floor and bulkhead are shot. What's everyone thoughts? Boat and single axle trailer for about $6K CAD.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
If you have a running engine, it’s not a bad price for what you’re getting. Grease the bearings well on the trailer before moving it, can use a handheld temperature gauge to check the bearings after a few minutes on the road to see if they’re heating up. When you say floor and bulkheads are shot, meaning soft spots? Feeling spongy? How long would you plan to keep the boat? It might be useable as is for a while, or if you plan to keep a long time, could bang out the project off-season and be good to go next year.

note that you may not recover the full cost if you do the project (especially if you pay someone else) and plan to resell soon.

Joe Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Tigercat
I know of one that could be had for the 1-2k range. My buddy has an 84 or 85 in good shape with a blown motor. Drew 302-584-2057. He bought an 87 with a newer Yamaha that he planned on swapping on to his older hull but his plans have changed.