1986 Seafarer Cuddy Cushion Patern

Betty White

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hello
I was wondering if anyone has a cushion pattern for a 1986 Seafarer's cuddy cushions? we need to replace ours and would be very helpful to use a pre-existing pattern.
We are also planning to re-do the lining in the cuddy, if anyone has any suggestions or pictures of cuddy re-modeling they did, that would be much appreciated!

Reactions: DoctorOctopus

Betty White

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
none. cushions and lining were removed by the previous owner. Its raw inside. we thought about painting it (or at least parts).
photo attached. we have since cleaned it up and replaced the locker covers.

Attachments

• IMG_2928.jpg
    IMG_2928.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 10

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Painting would be OK, but you probably noticed that there's a lot of sharp edges from the exposed glass. A grinder would make quick work of it - although messy so wear a good mask. Headliner material and a couple cans of 3M headliner adhesive really wouldn't be all that hard. Do small sections at a time and cut as you go.

Easy thing for the cushions... I like using the foamboard insulation that you can get from HD or Lowes. It's a pinkish/purplish color - stiff but very lightweight and VERY easy to cut/shape. Better than cardboard. Inexpensive. I'd probably use at least the 1" thick stuff. Cushion/foam material... medium density and 3" or 4" thick.

Last edited:

Betty White

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Painting would be OK, but you probably noticed that there's a lot of sharp edges from the exposed glass. A grinder would make quick work of it - although messy so where a good mask. Headliner material and a couple cans of 3M headliner adhesive really wouldn't be all that hard. Do small sections at a time and cut as you go.

Easy thing for the cushions... I like using the foamboard insulation that you can get from HD or Lowes. It's a pinkish/purplish color - stiff but very lightweight and VERY easy to cut/shape. Better than cardboard. Inexpensive. I'd probably use at least the 1" thick stuff. Cushion/foam material... medium density and 3" or 4" thick.
thanks!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Oh... If I ever get around to redoing my headliner (it's on my list... somewhere...), I'd probably use a foam-backed vinyl instead of a cloth material.