1988 259 Trophy Pro **Restoration**

astrobud311

Reaction score
Hey Guys I started digging into the boat a month ago, it started out as a simple recore of the deck hatches and has turned into a full restoration. Transom, Stringers all need to be replaced (rotted). So I will be updating the entire boat while I'm at it. Complete rewire of the entire boat, update the console and cabin, new paint ect, ect. I will start posting pics over here but If you want to see what I've already done check out my thread on THT.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-how ... -help.html

The guys over there have been a big help so far. I just got the motors off the boat on friday and will be working on getting the bracket off this weekend so I can get that over to get sandblasted.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I started reading the thread on THT, you sure have your work cut out.

As far as the lead ballast, I think Len (Finest Kind) removed the lead and went with a flotation bracket.

astrobud311

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, technically the springfield bracket is a flotation bracket, but I have yet to find the lead. I know it's in the bow but no one has been able to give me a good answer on where to make the cut to access it, grady customer service has been very helpful but there no even sure exactly where it is . I would imagine they would have put it inside the first bulkhead in the bow but I'm unsure axactly where that bulkhead is. I haven't done much to look for it though, been busy with the rest of thre boat.