1988 Grady White 228G

OUTCAST

Reaction score
emmons001.jpg
[/img]

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Very nice. Mullet has my first boat which is also a 1988 228G. Your hardtop looks custom. Mullet is doing a major rework and rather elaborate package for a 22' including AP and Radar.

Do you reburbish or buy a boat already done?

OUTCAST

Reaction score
Hardtop

I bought the 228G about 5 yrs. ago with a Bimini top on it. The custom hardtop was done by

http://www.mdtops.com

in Virginia-For about half what G/W wanted for one. I installed the electronics (had plate welded in for radar and searchlight when hardtop built.)
I also got custom built aux fuel tank from company in NJ, and installed it myself. Again bought it for half what G/W wanted for one. G/W has great stuff, you just gotta pay double for it.!

It's a happy little rig. Been between 50-60 miles out with it several times.

beagleboy

Reaction score
Scrolling through on rainy day and saw pics. Have same boat. Can you tell me about the lettering? What is the script, what is the overall length of the name and size of letters, about how much did it cost and who did the work?Sorry for all the questions!!

hangman1176

Reaction score
Pic

Nice pic! What do you have for power and how does the boat handle with the kicker. I have a '97 22-8 and thinking of putting on a 9.9fs yamaha but a little concerned about porposing (I do have the trim tabs).

The top really completes the fine lines!!!