1988 sailfish transom and stringer rot

jvedde2

Reaction score
Hi everyone im new here Thank you for having me i have been looking at a 1988 25' sailfish with twin 1990 200 evinrudes when i went to inspect found transom and stringer rot what i was wondering does anybody think this boat is worth anything its a full transom with bracket

Fishtales

Reaction score
If you can fix it, maybe. If you have to have it fixed, probably not much. Maybe you can get a super deal on it to make it worthwhile saving.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you have worked for a boat builder in the past or have a good understanding of boat design and fiberglass repair then you may be able to bring that boat back but with so many boats out there why spend the time, dollars and effort when there are dry boats out there to be had. Half the fun is the hunt.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
To a BUYER...who wants to go boating....
28 year old motors= $0
30 year old hull that can't be used until transom and stringers (and deck) are reglassed= $0
Sentimental value to you=$0

so now you are pricing based on condition of everything else and value of electronics

If you convince the owner to give it to you for free so its not in HIS driveway, then it is possible to make a nice boat out of it

You are expecting to spend at least one full season in your driveway with all of your spare time spent working on it.

You can't pay anyone else to do it or you could have spent that money on a useable boat....