1990 25' Trophy pro livewell

krabill

Reaction score
I have questions about the livewell on my 90' Trophy pro. It is in between the two helm seats in the floor. First there is no stand tube for it, any idea what diameter/size tube I need to buy off ebay?

Second, I used it without the tube a few times last season. I noticed water would splash out the back of the hatch and on the deck while running. I guess I had it just too full? (because no drain tube installed?)

So, I stuck my head down in the livewell after getting back home and noticed that the livewell was not sealed at all around the top to the bottom side of the deck! This also caused my bilge to collect a lot of water. Is that normal for the livewell to have no seal around the top?? I put a bead of sealant around it now, it's mostly sealed up i think?? How do others keep water from sloshing out while riding along?

A final question, should I keep the seacock off at all times while running? It seemed like if I had it open, with livewell going, I would get a lot of water in my bilge while running along. Can i keep the livewell pump running with the seacock closed just to circulate the tank or is this going to burn up the motor?

Thanks for the help.

Finest Kind

Reaction score
krabill said:
I have questions about the livewell on my 90' Trophy pro. It is in between the two helm seats in the floor. First there is no stand tube for it, any idea what diameter/size tube I need to buy off ebay?

Second, I used it without the tube a few times last season. I noticed water would splash out the back of the hatch and on the deck while running. I guess I had it just too full? (because no drain tube installed?)

So, I stuck my head down in the livewell after getting back home and noticed that the livewell was not sealed at all around the top to the bottom side of the deck! This also caused my bilge to collect a lot of water. Is that normal for the livewell to have no seal around the top?? I put a bead of sealant around it now, it's mostly sealed up i think?? How do others keep water from sloshing out while riding along?

A final question, should I keep the seacock off at all times while running? It seemed like if I had it open, with livewell going, I would get a lot of water in my bilge while running along. Can i keep the livewell pump running with the seacock closed just to circulate the tank or is this going to burn up the motor?

Thanks for the help.

In 28 years of running my boat I never used a stand tube in the drain...not needed at all. Just put a stopper in the bottom drain and the overflow water will go out the drain fitting mounted on the side of the well.

My livewell also sloshes out a bit when the well is full and I'm running on plane...so what? It cleans some of the blood off the the deck! :)

Running the pump with the seacock closed will NOT circulate the water in the tank, but it WILL burn out the motor. If you want to stop water from entering the livewell, just turn the valve under the passenger seat (if your 90 is like my 88 Trophy Pro) from "livewell" to "washdown".

krabill

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I think I can live with it.

What I would like to replace is the rubber gasket around the livewell. Anyone have any source on good 1 adhesive side waterproof rubber? I think I can just use 4 strips to go around the bottom of the square lid. (mine is peeling up around it now)